view in PDF by opening this link:
Pastor History at FLC with pictures:
1905-1907 – Reverend Wacksmuth, Missouri Synod missionary, of Great Falls initiated monthly Lutheran services in Glasgow.
1908-1909 - Reverend Essig, Missouri Synod missionary, of Chinook served Glasgow on a monthly basis.
1910 - the Norwegian Synod of America assumed the former Missouri Synod ministry to Glasgow. The Reverend A.M. Lunde of Great Falls preached here monthly.
On August 25, 1910 the Scandinavian Evangelical Lutheran Synod Church of Glasgow was organized.
1911 - Assistant Pastor Ingebretson was called from the Great Falls parish to help Rev. Lunde on his monthly visits, as his field was very extensive. Also, during this period, the mission board of the NW District of the Norwegian Synod sent out several pastors at various times to help serve this territory. That fall after Rev. Ingebretson was transferred to ND we were left without a regular pastor. A request was then made by the Glasgow congregation for more regular services. The mission board of the NW district recognized this request and called Rev. Rosholt to serve Glasgow and the surrounding territory.
1912 – Incorporated the congregation under the name of the First Evangelical Lutheran Church of Glasgow.
1912-1913 - Reverend T.L. Rosholt served as the first resident pastor in this area, moving to Glasgow in the summer of 1912.
In 1913 he also homesteaded in Roanwood Valley, 12 miles from Opheim. He served as pastor to 27 communities in a territory stretching from Wolf Point to Admiral, Sask., Canada (nearly 300 miles). Some of these communities received a pastor of their own quite early. He would start from his farm in Roanwood and travel the whole circuit, taking three weeks for a round trip. He traveled by horse and buggy but he tried to use a motorcycle one year but was thrown so many times that he gave up. Besides a suitcase, he would carry fur robes in winter and the folding organ and hymn books as the congregations met in homes and school houses and had no equipment of their own. With the lack of roads, it was easy to get lost.
This picture shows him with his first car, which he didn’t get until 1916. He was still a pastor in the north communities, even though Glasgow had Rev. Hendrickson at that time.
1914-1916 – Rev. Alfred Hendrickson served.
As the field grew, the board decided to divide it into three parts.
Rev. Hendrickson would serve the eastern portion,
Rev. O.J. Akre the western portion and
Rev. A.N. Livdahl the middle portion.
1917-1926 – Rev. A.N. Livdahl served
The Glasgow church was the third church that was built and dedicated in Valley County during his service. The other two were in Nashua and in the Highland community.
1926-1929 – Rev. I.W. Stubkjaer served.
During his pastorate the congregation became self-supporting and paid back their original $1000 loan to the Church Extension Fund.
1929-1942 – Rev. Harold Siqueland served both the Highland church and the Glasgow church except a two-year tour with the military chaplaincy.
He arrived in Glasgow in December 1929 from Max, ND. The thermometer registered 41 below zero and he was forced to leave his car at Nashua and take the Skidoo into Glasgow.
1940-1941 - Rev. J.C. Wisness served as interim pastor during the two-year military chaplaincy of Rev. Siqueland.
1942-1946 – Rev. Thomas Boe served
During his pastorate the art glass windows were placed in the church, new pews were purchased and a new entrance was built. A pipe organ fund was started.
1946-1949 - Rev. Arne Christiansen served
During his pastorate the pipe organ was purchased and installed.
1949-1954 – Rev. Glenn Husby served
During his pastorate the church celebrated its 40th anniversary.
A new addition to the north end of the church was built and a new parsonage was built.
1955-1961 – Rev. Nels Carlson served
During his ministry a new education unit was built and the Intern Program began.
1961-1974 – Rev. Olaf Magis served
During his ministry the congregation adopted a new constitution, assisted Valley View Home in their incorporation and created the Kogudus Retreat Ministries (which had its beginning at Fort Peck in 1969).
1975-1980 – Rev. Edward Novak served During his ministry a new church was built following a devastating fire in 1974.
1981-1990 – Rev. Robert Nilsen served
During his ministry a new north entrance was built and the FLC Preschool was started.
1991 – Rev. John Olson served as interim pastor
1991-1995 – Rev. John Flaa served
1995-1996 – Rev. David L. Herig served as interim pastor
1996-2004 – Rev. Martin Mock served
2000 - First Lutheran Church in Glasgow merged with Hinsdale, Saco, Fort Peck and Nashua and became the Prairie Lutheran Parish on January 1, 2000.
2000-2002 - Rev. Christian Flohr came to Glasgow from the Hinsdale/Saco church and served PLP (along with Martin Mock).
2004-2005 – Rev. Kenneth Troy Ley served as interim pastor
2005 - First Lutheran Church withdrew from PLP in March 2005.
2005 - Judi Martin served as Associate in Ministry
2005-2016 - Rev. Scott Hedegaard served
2017 - Greg Holler-Dinsmore (from Wolf Point) served as a Vice Pastor on a part-time basis.
2017 - Stan Hoobing served as interim pastor
2018-present - Todd Wright serving